With 2016 well under way, we’re looking back at some of our favorite media moments so far this year.
From custom green carpet that brings sustainability into the spotlight to Milliken associates serving as mentors, we’ve compiled a roundup of coverage across various areas of Milliken innovation. Keep an eye out for more media spotlights on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Milliken Goes Green
To help celebrate Global Green’s 13th annual Pre-Oscar Party, Milliken and Aquafil collaborated to create custom-designed green carpet. In addition to its dynamic green hue, the carpet featured a sustainable PVC-free construction, made from ECONYL® nylon - a regenerated yarn made from reclaimed nylon waste, such as abandoned fishing nets.
- Spotlight on Sustainability as Guests Grace ‘Green’ Red Carpet at Oscars Party, Business Green
- Oscars Parties Putting the Spotlight on Purpose, Sustainability, Sustainable Brands
- Oscars Party Diary: Inside the A-List Parties and Events, Hollywood Reporter
Milliken’s David Moody Mentors
Each year, a new Liberty Fellowship Class is announced. The Liberty Fellowship is a statewide initiative that empowers and inspires young leaders by pairing them with mentors who have proven themselves with experience, leadership and success. This year, David Moody, executive vice president and president of the chemical division at Milliken & Company, will serve as a mentor for Matthew Van Patton, the CEO of QLBrands, a company that is committed to delivering safe, healthy products to communities around the world.
- Liberty Fellowship Selects New Mentors, Greenville Online
Milliken is currently collaborating with the International Space Station to test how flame-retardant cotton fabrics burn in microgravity. The study could have important results in furthering and improving flame-retardant technology both in space and here on Earth.
- NASA Plans to Light a Fire Inside a Spacecraft, Then Watch What Happens, Air Space Magazine
- Space to Ground Weekly Video
- Science in Short: BASS-M, Igniting Innovation on the Space Station, NASA Blog
Clemson & Milliken Embrace Open Innovation
In innovative endeavors, two is often better than one. That’s why various companies based in the Upstate as well as members of Clemson University are embarking on open innovation projects – sharing knowledge and collaborating to yield greater progress.
- Open Innovation and Collaboration Continue to Enhance Upstate Ventures, Upstate Business Journal